Odus Maximus Moon

Odus Maximus Moon
aka Kitchen Manager

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bed Shenanigans

Is there anything else more comfortable than your own bed?  The answer is no.  I can attest to this fact as the beds I recently slept in on a Colorado getaway were either like laying on a thin foam pad while trying to adjust to metal from the spring base in my back or like sleeping on a brick.  I am more the pillow-top kind of gal and I am hopeful we will graduate to a plush mattress one day.

The dogs also think our bed is the most comfortable resting place on earth and will do almost anything to get on it.  Even if it means lying in the warm sheets right out of the dryer on a 90-degree plus weather day.

Every dog has to have her or his day on the bed.  The routine goes as follows:  retrieve laundry from the dryer and drag through dark hallway to bedroom.  Come into bedroom to find every dog on the bed looking at me as if it is completely possible to make the bed with them on it.  Tell dogs to get out of room and close the door.  Hear multiple rounds of barking and hear the occasional paw from Ecco slide under the doorway as if it will make me open the door - yeah right.  It's a cute trick but one I have never succumbed to.  My husband says I don't draw boundaries but I do!  Finish making the bed and open the door to a blur of dogs racing to find the exact spot they were in prior to bedmaking.  Pristine looking bed is now wrinkled and hairy.


We even love the bed so much that Ecco decided to dig a hole in the mattress.  I love that dog, I love that dog......



At least at the end of the day, the bed is made (mostly) and everyone feels better.  Sweet dreams everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment